The new year began almost a week ago, and here is a little post to sum up the last year. It was a great one!
I was fortunate to be among the first to welcome nine brand new babies this year, which is a perfect number of births for me. I was also thrilled to photograph a NICU Homecoming, as well as a “Meet and Greet” when five brothers met their baby sister.
Those beautiful babies were Lila, Vivian, Lyla, Eloise, Henry, “A,” Amelia, Alivia, Charles (Charlie), Rosie, and Jonathan (Jonah).
(I also had to sneak in a couple pictures of my niece who lives in FL; we got to meet her in the NICU on her estimated due date — she was two months old.)
Which leads us to some fun facts from 2015:
-I gained TWO nieces this year! They were born about 3 weeks apart.
- As far as actual births: 6 girls, 3 boys
- The first 5 babies of the year were born almost exactly every two weeks, starting in February.
- The first 4 babies of the year were ALMOST named Lila, Vivian, Lyla, and Vivienne. That would have been fun. 😉 (I love Eloise’s name though.)
- Most popular birth day: Thurs -3 (None on Tuesday or Saturday)
- Most popular time of day: 2 and 4 in the afternoon (4 total during those hours –thanks! 😉
- 5 were born to first-time moms
- 1 was a repeat birth client (3 if you include Amelia and Rosie’s NICU/”meet and greet” shoots)
- 1 home birth, 1 c-section
- Biggest baby: 9 pound, 1/2 ounce Charlie
- Longest baby: 22 inch Lyla
- Littlest peanut: tie for 7lbs– Henry and Jonah
(If we’re going to include all of “my” babies from this year, or ever, my niece takes the cake at 1 pound, 1 ounce.)
- Two babies were actually born on their estimated due dates this year.
Community North- 3
It’s so fun to go back and do this every year!
I hope you all had a wonderful first Christmas with your newest family member! Here’s to 2016!
Previous years can be found here: